Thursday 13 September 2012

Pilihan Popular Madah Jiwa Bangsa September 2012

The board I'm talking about
Ok the title sounds interesting wasn't it. I was quite surprise at first when my friend (Asrul) told me this on 10 September 2012. He saw the book posted at the Pilihan Popular Madah Jiwa Bangsa board in Popular Bookstore at Cheras Leisure Mall, KL along with other 3 novels. The book has a sticker on it stating 20% discount. It is actually for Popular book store members. Unfortunately my friend was not a member so he has to buy it at a original price. (sorry bro).

First I thought... Wah!!! the book has become a popular choice after a month++, but I think I was wrong. After reading the board title again and again and again then I realize. The book was not a readers popular choice but simply, it is a promotional activities initiatives by the bookstore (maybe). The initiative may be happened because of two reasons, one, it is to increase sales for the book that are not getting enough sales or, two, to finished the stock quickly so that other best title books can be put at the book shelve.
Courtesy from Asrul

In any case and whatever it is, I personally must thank (a lot x1000) to Popular bookstore on this because of this initiative the books can reach wider audience and the chance for the books to be read by many people. Then what the publisher tells me (in my last post) is true. Maybe both MPH and Popular bookstore have different business strategy and different target market segment that they need to focus on (based on MBA point of view). Huraghhhh!!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice..whatever the reason, at least ko gain the benefits.bila nak autograf buku aku beli tanpa discount ni? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah, nanti bila aku open table bro

    ReplyDelete